One of the funniest questions I have asked people has been what makes you happy? Why? I have had the funniest answers from– you Teena, make me happy. Yet, others looked at me with a puzzled look and said I have no idea. Like they were waiting and anticipating to be told WRONG ANSWER YOU ARE WRONG! In reality, there is no wrong answer. Being asked that question isn’t truly a fair question. It’s actually a trick question. A question that begins at the concious mind and filters through to the subconscious, only to throw your mind into a blank stare.
In other words sometimes we can’t list what makes us happy, but when we are in the moment we can tell you one hundred or more things that make or create happiness for us. It’s a feeling AWE it’s a great feeling.
Here we go, one of the first steps to feeling your way to happiness-
- Get a piece of paper
- Draw a shape in the middle that you can write your name in, like a circle or square, it doesn’t matter what kind of shape.
- Write your name in the middle
- Next draw lines coming out from your name.
- Write activities, music, thoughts, colors.
- It can be as messy as you would like or as neat. This is ONLY YOURS you may share it or you may keep it to yourself.
- Now lay it down, pick it back up and read your name in the middle and create a sentence with one of your likes. Example: Teena LOVES Pink! Sometimes I will say I, Teena, love pink.
- After you have said a wonderful positive statement that you love or makes you happy…close your eyes inhale, then exhale, see or visualize what you said and smile.
- Now you can understand what it means by feeling your way to happiness!
- Repeat 7, 8, 9 throughout this Web you have created. Individually do each thing you wrote. Take time to feel the emotional attachment to each item you listed.
You can do this daily, weekly, or when you need it. We will return to this activity several times. I may even repost it intermittently during our blogs.
This is a quick and easy way to begin setting and re-setting your vibration. It is also a simple way to begin gravitating towards adding the happy activities you love to do, towards you. Maybe you love to canoe and you complete the activity. Before long someone will mention, hey let’s go canoeing.
Take time to find what creates a happy feel good emotion for you and do more of that! I promise even through difficult times life is meant to be happy the majority of the time.