Do you find yourself disliking everyone? Is there something wrong with everyone? Do you continually look around and see how bad you are treated by others. Gosh, I know how you feel! It seems like everytime I turn around some one is doing something to me. The only difference in my life now is the people I am constantly attracted to love me for me. I see the beauty in me therefore, I see the beauty in others as well.
Don’t worry if you are agreeing with the first portion of the above paragraph, it’s okay I have felt the same way! There are days I still struggle with what I call, awkward moments. Where someone might rub me the wrong way or I find fault in others. However, to return to those conversations or feelings on a daily basis would be devastating. I can remember feeling competitive, compared, hurt, not good enough, irritable with others and continually finding fault. Again, Yuk even typing those words create a sick feeling in my stomach.
Then how do I change it? It’s not difficult, but it does take effort on your part. The first few weeks of practicing this new way of thinking you may feel a colorful array of emotions. For example: when you recognize why someone is not being nice to you it may create an angry or sad emotion at first. However, keep working at it and you will be surprised at how amazing each individual, who is already in your life or comes into your life, truly is. I am in awe of my loved ones! I always use the words ‘loved ones’ because I love each individual in my life! I can not discriminate between family and friends I feel fortunate to have them all!!!
Have you ever heard of Universal Laws? Of course if you have read my past writings you have heard me speak of them. The most common laws we learn about in elementary school are Newton’s Laws. Universal Laws follow the same guidlines. The one I am speaking of today is Like Begets Like. You can easily put this into other wording yet it’s definition is the same. This one says whatever you like about other people is what you like about yourself. This law (like all laws) is nonbiased or not prejudice. In other words it doesn’t care if you like or hate-the law goes both ways. Therefore, everything you don’t like about another person you don’t like about yourself. My mother always told me if you are pointing one finger at your neighbor three are pointing back. If you are not sure about this law due to religious beliefs,; the World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.Mathew 7-5
Universal Laws are laws. They are universal. They do not discriminate against religion, ethnicity, shape, size, political party or anything else that separates us from each other. They are the same for everyone.
How does this work? Let’s begin with a simple example. The song, I Like Big Butts and I cannot lie, is the first scenario that comes to mind. In the beginning of the song several women are talking about another girls butt! If I remember correctly they are bashing her for having such a nice, big butt. Then the song proceeds to defend and praise a big butt! Glorifying the one part the women were complaining about. I know this is a funny comparison or way to explain the law Like Begets Like, but it is fun to do and keeps it light hearted. If you were in the circle of ferocious haters of big butts, you need to step back and ask yourself why? Why does a big oh juicy booty bother you enough to complain about it? Or talk about it? In reality those women in the song didn’t like their behinds (big or small) or they lacked in that area and were just hating on the beautiful big butt.
Okay, maybe I took that description of butts a little too far! But I guarantee I created a thought for you to begin recognizing the effects of Like Begets Like in your life. You probably know of someone that irritates you, now you can begin to identify why and how to change it.
I know I haven’t told you how to correct these awkward moments in your life. The reason is just like quitting smoking you have to want to quit. Same with changing your habitual view of yourself and the world around you only YOU CAN CHANGE IT! How? How? How?
- Learn the Universal Law
- Accept it! It’s true I promise as you see others is how you see yourself.
- If you catch yourself joining a conversation about someone else and it is not creating a great emotion, walk away or say, “I know but she has worked her love handles off to get that butt!” Anything to change the direction of the comments and converaation.
- If you are faced with a negative situation where you feel like the victim- take time to be alone, only to analyze why you felt sad and how you could have handled that differently.
- Change what you say to yourself and or about yourself. For example: I always gain weight when _________ . (Fill in the blank). Instead begin saying I love my body and I am happy to be healthy and wealthy. (I use the term Wealthy because some how America decided weight is a sign of poverty. Although carrying weight was a sign of wealth in the past!) I don’t care what you say to yourself just remember the law continues to be active no matter who you are talking about.
- Be cautious before you react. For many years I reacted to everything! Now I stop, think and may respond or may not. In other words it’s not about your opinion, rather your vibration. My two cents isn’t always necessary and neither is yours. Therefore, stay cautious before you react. (My grandma always said, “If you can’t say anything nice do not say it at all)
- Last trust yourself. Remember all good energy is flowing towards you. The more ‘likes’ you put out and the less “criticism’ the more great vibrations will migrate towards you. When you catch yourself being even silently judgemental, stop yourself, look within, and observe an area of your life you would like to improve. Then find something good to think or say about that person, redirecting the thought process.
- Like begets like: if you see good you will feel good more and more. (What you see in others is how you feel about yourself good or bad)
Always remember God loves you no matter what!!!!