How do you wake up every morning? Are you constantly sleeping through the alarm, yelling at your children to get ready? By the time you arrive at work, are you ready for a break? You might be sufferering from a simple issue Livelove likes to call, the what-if-itis.
You are probably not sleeping well, if all the what ifs or whatifitis is filling your mind. However, this is not conducive to a good nights sleep or a ‘happy’ morning. Not to mention the rest of your life.
The suffix itis is defined as a disease characterized by inflammation. Such as arthritis, tendinitis, bronchitis and of course whatifitis. (www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary) Affects of this disease or inflammation of creating whatif scenarios are swelling of the brain, which leads to inflammation of the heart, stomache and anything else you feel a bit of pain from, upon waking up.
If the above paragraphs resonate with you, we have some quick and easy tips to help. These tricks will assist you with sleeping peacefully and learn to wake up ‘happy’.
Let us begin with the evening before. Thirty minutes before you lay your head down,,,
- Turn off or put away all electronics.
- Write down anything you are worrying about. (children, ballgames, work, anything that is weighing heavy on youd mind)
- Fold the paper in half, on the back write– Whatever will be, will be best for me.
- Next leave all your worries on the kitchen table, written down. I promise they will still be there in the morning. However, after a goodnights sleep, they will not be as prominent, as they would be if you contemplated them all night.
- As you lay down begin to list everything you are grateful for.
- I love my bed
- Grateful to be laying down in a home with controlled temperatures
- Grateful for food
- Grateful for my health
- Make this fun…you can be grateful for silly items, sleep, your hair, ect…it doesn’t matter what you are grateful for, keep listing.
- Last but definetly not least…As you lay your head to rest and close your eyes take a few minutes to congratulate and compliment yourself. (This step comes easier with time, you will eventually find reasons to pat yourself on the back, but at first it feels a little uncomfortable)
I have even congratulated myself for not losing my temper. Or for gritting my teeth and holding my toungue, when someone said something that ticked me off. Be light hearted, no matter what, YOU, have accomplished something terrific today! Even if it was getting out of bed and feeding your pets.
As for the waking up part, this procedure is much simplier when healing from whatifitis. Before you climbed out of bed, begin the same procedure of listing all the simple pleasures, you are grateful for. This doesn’t need to be as lengthy as your night time list.
While you are preparing for the day find a saying to uplift and create a happy emotion. This sets your day with a vibration of, YES I CAN.
Here are some I have utilized throughout my time of whatifitis, everyone suffers from this inflammation, at times in their lives. The most important part is it doesn’t last for weeks on end.
- Whatever will be, is best for me.
- I think I can, I think I can…I know I can, I know I can. (Yes, it is from the Little Engine that Could)
- Mirror talks…You are amazing, You are worthy, You, my friend, are awesome!
- My favorite saying is, “I feel terrific!” This is a quote I learned from Brian Tracy, personal development guru. When faced with adversity, even in the midst of it, I will say, “I feel Terrific!” It feels wonderful. Resets your entire demeanor.
- Try it, right now…while reading this say, “I feel Terrific!” Do again and again, until you feel better. It works everytime.
Do you wake up happy? If you are waking up stressed and miserable, maybe it is time for you to shut down, unplug and have an attitude with gratitude! Life can be fun, expect the best and the rest will take care of itself.
God Bless! Do you wake up happy?
If you feel a little extra help would benefit you, email us! We have a special on Coaching Sessions. We also have some emerging coaches, who you might feel are better suited for you. I promise our services are affordable, beneficial and positively life altering!
You may also contact us through our website.