Do you ever look at e-mails, social media, cell phones or anything else exposing your name and think…What if I deleted EVERYTHING! I never think of that either!
As I chuckle to myself about that last statement, I wonder if this is what our children think. Not deleting everything, but about life. For example, “Mommy, Have you ever felt like life was overwhelming? Have you ever felt like ‘giving up’?”
As the child, who is struggling with what may seem silly to an adult, ponders asking this question to their mommy or daddy. I can only imagine what they think an adult would respond with. For example, “Of COURSE, I feel like giving up. Have you not seen all the crud going on? Ball practice, work, birthdays. But what do you have to worry about? You are being cared for.”
PARENTS! I am not saying you are doing anything wrong. I promise life is overwhelming at times and young parents today, have a great deal of pressure. Which is why I am writing this post.
If you have times of glaring at your connections to the world and you feel overwhelmed, then your child is probably feeling the same way.
Therefore, I am suggesting take time and DELETE IT! I know it sounds crazy, but when you are feeling overwhelmed with LIFE, make up a game with your family and have a delete it night.
- Explain to your children or partner, we are going to have a delete it night.
- Have everyone
- write their issues
- speak it
- sing it Example: Child- I made an F, my friend was mean to me, Work was awful today. Everyone is allowed to share what they are feeling overwhelmed, hopeless, or depressed about.
- Take time to listen to everyone’s sharing of their feelings.
- BUT! After each complaint EVERYONE says, “Delete It!”
- Or you can sing “DELETE IT!”
The point is to reverse the trajectory of your thoughts on what is and has been. Because you can’t change the past…no matter what!
Deleting it allows:
- Acceptance that everyone has down times and feels like giving up.
- A switch in vibrations.
- Allows everyone to see how life carrys on even when it feels cruddy at this moment…IT will get better!
As always…God Bless and KNOW you are LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY!
If you would like a little help with ‘Life’ let us know. Livelove.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will begin your Happy Coaching as soon as possible.
Life is meant to be experienced.